WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi All,

I'm new to WebFaction so please bare with me. Does anyone else have the same direction structure?

/home/<useraccount>/webapps/django/myproject/myproject/<app_name>

The first myproject dir has this:

/home/<useraccount>/webapps/django/myproject/ manage.py, myproject, templates

The second myproject dir has this:

/home/useraccount/webapps/django/myproject/myproject/ blog, init.py,init.pyc, settings.py, settings.pyc, urls.py, urls.pyc, wsgi.py

This is how the directory struct was setup by default. Just wondering if it's the same for everyone else. Seems odd to me.

asked 14 Aug '12, 08:24

AgileDev
accept rate: 0%

edited 14 Aug '12, 08:25

The tutorials seem to be well out of date, which is not encouraging. I've also just registered and I'm trying to piece it together too. Can't see why they can't update the tuts every year or so. Your directory structure seems very close to what I have.

Only difference is I have put <app_name> beneath my top <myproject>. Not sure that is correct/best practice though.

permanent link

answered 14 Aug '12, 09:13

Colm
accept rate: 0%

Our Getting Started Tutorial for Django targets the latest version of Django, currently 1.4.1. The "/home/useraccount/webapps/django/myproject/myproject" directory structure is correct for that version of Django.

Some older information, such as our screencast and a lot of older forum posts, use the old flat project directory structure, "/home/useraccount/webapps/django/myproject". If you're using Django 1.3.x or lower, then that's the directory structure that we create by default.

We'll be updating all of our documentation and screencasts in the coming months as we complete upgrades to our control panel.

permanent link

answered 14 Aug '12, 11:05

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 37%

Thank you for the clarification seanf. Very helpful.

(14 Aug '12, 12:37) AgileDev
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×905
×33
×19

question asked: 14 Aug '12, 08:24

question was seen: 1,899 times

last updated: 14 Aug '12, 12:37

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM