WebFaction
Community site: login faq

After a few weeks of working perfectly fine, a PHP website with a PostgreSQL backend stopped working and now only shows the following error:

Warning: pg_pconnect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: connection limit exceeded for non-superusers in <path>

I couldn't find a way around the issue as I can't connect to the DB myself through CLI or the web interface (for the same reasons). And I don't have the ability to restart the DB nor I have the Super User access to the DB server.

I would assume that the issue comes from this ill-behaved PHPH appliation with a PostgreSQL backend is not closing its connections to the DB. Or could it be another user on the same host that is hogging all connections to the DB?

asked 20 Aug '12, 11:39

mbellone
accept rate: 0%

Interesting, now the error went away and I didn't do anything

(20 Aug '12, 13:02) mbellone

It looks like this may have been caused by another user on your shared server. If it happens again, please open an urgent support ticket so that we can look into the issue while it is happening. Thanks!

permanent link

answered 20 Aug '12, 14:34

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×109
×108
×84
×14

question asked: 20 Aug '12, 11:39

question was seen: 4,596 times

last updated: 20 Aug '12, 14:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM