WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am redirecting to a new site temporarily and I have followed some instructions I found in the documentation.
I created a new app.
I pointed my current domain to the App.
I created an .htaccess file
I uploaded the doc to the apps file and deleted the index file that was created with the app

here is htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^tahoemtproperties.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.laketahoe-concierge.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I get a page that says:
Index of /
[ICO] Name Last modified Size Description

Any suggestions?

asked 21 Aug '12, 19:28

Kenny
accept rate: 0%

Hi Kenny. When I go to tahoemtproperties.com it redirects to laketahoe-concierge.com. I suspect maybe your DNS cache had not updated when you made the changes. Could you please try again and let us know if it's still not working? -Wayne K. (WebFaction Customer Support)

(21 Aug '12, 20:00) waynek

I want it to redirect to www.laketahoe-concierge.com I added a new index page for now. Now it just goes to the index page and does not redirect.

permanent link

answered 21 Aug '12, 20:32

Kenny
accept rate: 0%

OK I see what the problem is. You are probably going to www.tahoemtproperties.com correct? But your condition only works for requests starting with tahoemtproperties.com (note no www sub-domain). So you can just add an [OR] condition which is the same but with the sub-domain.

(21 Aug '12, 20:51) waynek

Thanks, That was it. I now have ^tahoemtproperties.com [OR] ^www.tahoemtproperties.com

(22 Aug '12, 00:25) Kenny

Great! I'm glad it's working now. I'm just going to move my comment to an answer for future reference if people search this.

(22 Aug '12, 00:27) waynek

OK I see what the problem is. You are probably going to www.tahoemtproperties.com correct? But your condition only works for requests starting with tahoemtproperties.com (note no www sub-domain). So you can just add an [OR] condition which is the same but with the sub-domain.

permanent link

answered 22 Aug '12, 00:27

waynek
accept rate: 27%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×76
×9

question asked: 21 Aug '12, 19:28

question was seen: 2,541 times

last updated: 22 Aug '12, 00:27

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM