WebFaction
Community site: login faq

i have been trying

ssh user@username.webfactional.com

error

ssh: connect to host username.webfactional.com port 22: No route to host , please help

asked 01 Sep '12, 20:17

abhimanyu24
accept rate: 0%

You should be replacing user and username with your control panel name, if that is 'abhimanyu24' the command would look like this,

ssh abhimanyu24@abhimanyu24.webfactional.com

If this still fails we should solve it with a support ticket so the communication between you and us is not public and we can take a closer look at the server.

permanent link

answered 01 Sep '12, 20:26

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

yea by username i meant 'abhimanyu' only , thanks

(02 Sep '12, 00:47) abhimanyu24

There are two immediate possibilities:

1. You have deleted the username.webfactional.com domain from the Control Panel -- rare, but can happen. If this is the case, just open a support ticket to have it added back.
  2. A network issue.

Also worth noting: If instead you saw a ssh: connect to host username.webfactional.com port 22: Connection refused error, then this indicates that your IP may have been blocked for too many failed login attempts. If this is the case, just open a support ticket to have it unblocked.

I've checked your account and the domain exists, so it sounds like a network issue (#2). Can you attach a traceroute, or (better yet) an mtr report from your server to the one you're connecting to?

permanent link

answered 01 Sep '12, 20:28

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

now its working and the error was not 'ssh: connect to host username.webfactional.com port 22: Connection refused error' but as i tried to login after 4- hours , i am able to login ,i am confused

(02 Sep '12, 00:50) abhimanyu24

Yes, this sounds like a temporary network problem somewhere between yourself and the server. It was probably fixed, and so the "No Route to Host" error resolved itself.

(02 Sep '12, 01:17) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×103

question asked: 01 Sep '12, 20:17

question was seen: 11,482 times

last updated: 02 Sep '12, 01:18

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM