WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I registered my domain with Enom thru Google. I don't know how to adjust my DNS settings and so forth to "reconcile" (I'm not a web guy, obviously) with webfaction. I can hit my website using the <username>.webfaction.com, but not by my regular domain (www.geodatastrategies.com). When I set up my domain, many of the defaults were set for Google Apps (which I wouldn't be heart broken to lose).

Can anybody tell me what settings in the Enom domain management console I need to modify to get everything working with my webfaction hosting?

Thanks in advance!

Josse jallen_gisfire@yahoo.com

asked 05 Sep '12, 19:54

jallen
accept rate: 0%

I have a similar problem - ported our old website to Webfaction and it works in the domanin <username>.webfaction.com but not in the regular URL although it is degfined as a domain and attached to app in webfaction. I would guess there is a step that would allow the Webfaction IP and URL to be registered on DNS?

permanent link

answered 06 Sep '12, 19:45

ppeterson
accept rate: 0%

okay reading this now - http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/domains.html#pointing-your-domain-to-webfaction-s-servers

(06 Sep '12, 19:53) ppeterson

From a screenshot that I've seen, it looks like you just need to enter our DNS servers in the second section where it says "Edit DNS Information"

permanent link

answered 06 Sep '12, 20:22

bmeyer71 ♦♦
1.5k3613
accept rate: 33%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×105

question asked: 05 Sep '12, 19:54

question was seen: 3,564 times

last updated: 06 Sep '12, 20:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM