WebFaction
Community site: login faq

As per The blog post, I have enabled mod_pagespeed on my personal domain. Now, however, google's Webmaster Tools is giving me the following message:

Dear site owner or webmaster of http://euantor.com/, As of the last crawl of your website, you appear to be running mod_pagespeed <0.10.22.6. Google recommends that you update to the latest release. Older or unpatched software may be vulnerable to hacking or malware that can hurt your users. To download the latest release, visit the mod_pagespeed download page. If you have already updated to the latest version of mod_pagespeed, please disregard this message. If you have any additional questions about why you are receiving this message, Google has provided more background information in a blog post about this subject. Best wishes, Google Search Quality Team

Having checked the upgrade notes, it seems a fairly critical vbulnerability was fixed in the latest release. Obiously it would be lovely to be able to use the latest version if possible. Any chance webfaction will be updating to it at some point?

asked 01 Oct '12, 10:24

euantorano
accept rate: 0%

edited 01 Oct '12, 10:51

I'll bring this issue to the attention of our system administrators, and they'll update our mod_pagespeed modules soon if necessary.

permanent link

answered 01 Oct '12, 10:49

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

edited 01 Oct '12, 10:51

Any updates on this by any chance? Webmaster Tools is still displaying the message every time I visit.

(04 Oct '12, 17:44) euantorano

Sorry, we don't currently have an ETA for this.

(04 Oct '12, 17:51) bmeyer71 ♦♦

Ok, thanks for the response.

(05 Oct '12, 04:52) euantorano

OK, it's been updated as of about 4 days ago :)

(19 Oct '12, 19:08) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×10

question asked: 01 Oct '12, 10:24

question was seen: 2,326 times

last updated: 19 Oct '12, 19:08

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM