WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have had a django app running with new relic for a few months. It hasn't given me any problems, but then in the last couple days I have gotten many notices saying something like:

example.com failed 2 times over 2 minutes, the most recent at 8:06:06 today (less than a minute ago). The last failure was a timeout after 30 seconds. The failures were intermittent, occurring 28% of the time. No content was captured from the response.

But when I go to the site, it's fine. And then I get a recovery notice a couple minutes later:

example.com failed 3 times over 3 minutes, the most recent at 8:06:51 today (9 minutes ago). The last failure was a timeout after 30 seconds. The failures were intermittent, occurring 33% of the time. No content was captured from the response.

I'm not sure what is going on. I have restarted apache, but that didn't help. I don't see any unusual activity in new relic, so it makes me think there is something going on with the server. Any ideas? Thanks.

asked 04 Oct '12, 09:24

kellypacker
accept rate: 0%

Around the time of your post, the load on the server was a bit higher than it normally is. Perhaps this contributed to the timeout of newrelic. Maybe keep an eye on it and keep track of these types of warnings you get. We can always take a look at the server to see if there is anything that may have caused this.

(04 Oct '12, 12:07) bmeyer71 ♦♦

Thanks for your reply. It's strange, this has continued. I just received another couple tonight. I can't figure it out. And no error pages have been sent. And the logs don't show anything, that I can determine.

(09 Oct '12, 22:43) kellypacker

We have had other reports of this. Submit a support ticket and we can take a closer look.

(09 Oct '12, 23:05) johns
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×3

question asked: 04 Oct '12, 09:24

question was seen: 1,931 times

last updated: 09 Oct '12, 23:05

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM