WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm new here at Webfaction and I'm still trying to grasp how things work like the connection of the application, websites and domains.

I'm planning to create 3 separate blogs for my varied interests and I've already bought 3 domains for it. Now my question is that: should I create only 1 Wordpress application for all 3 sites? I'm also new to Wordpress as this will be my very first attempt in blogging.

I'm looking for effective and unified management of these 3 sites. I hope it can be possible to just use one Wordpress account on the 3 of them.

If this is not the way to go, should I then create one Wordpress app for each site?

This question is marked "community wiki".

asked 04 Oct '12, 09:55

Panoy
accept rate: 100%

edited 04 Oct '12, 10:03

The inclusion of Wordpress Multi-site into the mainstream Wordpress application should handle everything that you want to do under the one application. There should be no issue with setting up your three domains under one Wordpress application.

We have some Documentation to help get you started

permanent link

answered 04 Oct '12, 10:06

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 27%

thank you @aaront. I'm still reading WebFaction's User Guide especially the "sophisticated website configuration" chapter.

So that means in the long run if I have many sites that will have a blog feature, I can just reuse the Wordpress app over and over again?

(04 Oct '12, 10:16) Panoy

WPMU can certainly be used for that. I know several people that have 10+ domains on one instance.

(04 Oct '12, 10:25) aaront ♦♦

(in Wordpress context)

But are all those domains on one single database only? or one DB for each domain?

(04 Oct '12, 10:35) Panoy

The recommended way by Wordpress for multisite is to have one database for all sites. They can share themes and plugins but have seperate media upload directories. For more information please visit http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

(04 Oct '12, 10:50) aaront ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×54

question asked: 04 Oct '12, 09:55

question was seen: 3,488 times

last updated: 04 Oct '12, 11:18

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM