WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I have already am hosting my site here which serves static files only. Is it possible to add a wordpress to that site using the same domain? eg: mydomain.com/blog.

When I try to add the application via Control panel, I get the error: "mydomain.com is already used in sites with the same IP address - you need to edit the exisiting site record first."

Also I couldn't see where to put the /blog URL suffix in the control panel.

Any hints would be appreciated.

asked 18 Oct '12, 16:42

richard's gravatar image

richard
accept rate: 0%

Open the existing site for the domain in the control panel. At the bottom, to the right of Contents, click 'Add a web app'.

If your WordPress app has already been created, click 'Reuse an existing Web App'. Select the web app from the list of apps, and enter 'blog' (sans quotes) at the bottom where it says "Please enter URL here'. Click 'Add app', and then 'Save'.

If your WordPress app was not already created, click 'Create a web app' and fill in the blanks to create the app. Enter 'blog' (sans quotes) at the bottom where it says "Please enter URL here'. Click 'Add app', and then 'Save'.

I hope this helps!

permanent link

answered 18 Oct '12, 17:35

maryh's gravatar image

maryh ♦♦
1.3k7
accept rate: 36%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×239

question asked: 18 Oct '12, 16:42

question was seen: 2,043 times

last updated: 18 Oct '12, 17:35

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM