WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I created a domain with website, but did not point that domain to webfaction dns servers. Can I somewhow access that domain from web? I need that in order to prepare the web site and then point domain to webfaction. Thanks.

asked 31 Oct '12, 04:53

Darc
accept rate: 0%

You can add the yourusername.webfactional.com subdomain we provided with the creation of your account to your website entry and browse your application using that, or override your workstation's hosts file and point your domain to our servers. A trivial search will help you find instructions for your operating system.

permanent link

answered 31 Oct '12, 06:06

iliasr ♦♦
2.1k14
accept rate: 35%

Thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention that this is additional domain, not myusername.webfactional.com. Domain is in my root directory, not under htdocs of myusername.webfactional.com. Do I have to move complete (joomla) site to htdocs directory? I tried with symbolic link but this won't work.

(01 Nov '12, 01:46) Darc

Can you please provide some more info, like the location of your joomla site on the server's filesystem and the domain you want to use?

If you do not want to make such info publicly view-able, then please open a support ticket and we will take a closer look.

Please note that domains, applications and websites are 3 different entities in our environment, so a look at our documentation, as well as at the examples, might help you too.

(01 Nov '12, 04:49) iliasr ♦♦

I found out how to do it, quite simple. I had to temporary match mydomain.webfactional.com and new website. After work on site was finished, I matched new domain and new website. I needed some tome to be familiar with control panel but after I realized I like it :). Thank you for your tips.

(02 Nov '12, 10:48) Darc
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×104
×37

question asked: 31 Oct '12, 04:53

question was seen: 2,834 times

last updated: 02 Nov '12, 10:49

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM