WebFaction
Community site: login faq

This is after I followed the instructions here - http://docs.webfaction.com/software/rails.html

nginx: [alert] Unable to start the Phusion Passenger watchdog because it encountered the following error during startup: Unable to start the Phusion Passenger helper agent: it seems to have crashed during startup for an unknown reason, with exit code 1 (-1: Unknown error)

I read a few other posts that suggested a versioning conflict but nothing other than what was mentioned in the software documentation guide on WebFaction.

Would someone be able to help me get a basic Rails website running?

asked 24 Nov '12, 21:25

devscoop
accept rate: 0%

Just a note, I am still able to view the Rails app as such when I access the domain. Is this alert just a warning or will it affect my site functioning?

(24 Nov '12, 21:49) devscoop

The error is only a generic warning, and further debugging of rails and of nginx is required. Try enabling log level 'debug' in nginx and checking its log for more details.

permanent link

answered 24 Nov '12, 22:28

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

Thanks for the response. It doesn't seem to be interfering with any functioning.

(24 Nov '12, 22:36) devscoop
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×108
×25

question asked: 24 Nov '12, 21:25

question was seen: 2,163 times

last updated: 24 Nov '12, 22:36

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM