WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I saw that git is installed system wide in webfaction. But I read webfaction articles that says to install Git on my account too.

From my understanding, after I install git app on my account, I get an access to push, pull from my git.mydomain.com. So this setup works as a remote Git Host + I can do remote ssh to that git host.

Apart from the above use-case, what other purpose does this serve to developers working with git?

Also, we have our Webapp git repo hosted with bitbucket. What are the best practices to push, pull from bitbucket to webfaction?

Thanks

asked 02 Dec '12, 10:25

Prajwal
accept rate: 33%

The article in our documentation is for hosting a git repository, not for installing git itself. If all you need is push/pull from repos hosted elsewhere, then you don't need to install a git app.

Regarding best practices, there's nothing special about our git installation - use it however you're accustomed to using it.

permanent link

answered 02 Dec '12, 10:46

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×111

question asked: 02 Dec '12, 10:25

question was seen: 2,648 times

last updated: 02 Dec '12, 10:46

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM