WebFaction
Community site: login faq

After I uploaded my Django App to WebFaction, it stopped recognizing any tables in databases it was connected to. I used to have mysqlite 3, but switched to postgreSQL hoping it would fix my problem, yet there is still no luck. The dev. error page just keeps saying that no such table: main_game But I can see the table in phpMyAdmin. What should I do?

asked 28 Dec '12, 05:59

Mike G
accept rate: 0%

That's a little hard to troubleshoot this without further info.

Can you please update your question, specifying the database you are using? You are saying for example that you used to use mysqlite3. Such database doesn't exist. It's either mysql or sqlite3.

You also say that you switched to PosgreSQL, but if you want to browse its tables you should be using phpPgAdmin, not phpMyAdmin.

If you could also add the full error your app is showing and the contents of your settings.py file, especially the DATABASES stanza, that would be great.

You should of course obscure any passwords. If you do not want for such info to be public, you can always open a support ticket.

(28 Dec '12, 06:35) iliasr ♦♦
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×108
×84
×11

question asked: 28 Dec '12, 05:59

question was seen: 2,619 times

last updated: 28 Dec '12, 06:35

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM