WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Currently my blog address, the one supplied by Webfaction is, "myname.webfactional.com." I bought a domain name from namecheap. Then I changed the URL forwarding to url frame so that if you type in the domain name I bought, you can see my blog.

Here are my questions. 1) Is that the right way to do it? 2) I don't want my name to be associated with the website at this point. Is there any way people will be able to discover my name from going to my website? 3) Is my address from webfaction going to always be "somethingsomething.webfactional.com? Or is there a way to go ahead and change it right from the webfaction control panel to the domain name I purchased?

Sorry, I'm a complete newbie. Thanks a lot!

asked 29 Dec '12, 14:39

Syme
accept rate: 0%

1. You should follow this documentation to get your domain pointed at our servers.
  2. Whether or not your personal details can be determined from your domain registration depends on how you registered. Check with NameCheap to see if "WhoisGuard Privacy Protection" is enabled for your domain.
  3. You can add as many other domains to your account as you like. You can edit the existing website record in the control panel to change the domain that is assigned to it. If you are using WordPress, you may also need to update the siteurl and home fields as described here.

I hope this helps!

permanent link

answered 29 Dec '12, 14:53

maryh
1.3k7
accept rate: 35%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×32
×5

question asked: 29 Dec '12, 14:39

question was seen: 3,656 times

last updated: 29 Dec '12, 14:53

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM