I'm working on a project that will use the API and saw no documentation as to the expiration of session_id, does it persist only for the next call, for a few minutes or is there a different criteria to its expiration?

In other words, how often should I call login? Every 5 minutes, before each method call, other?

asked 31 Dec '12, 18:23

bitspill's gravatar image

bitspill
accept rate: 0%

API sessions will timeout after one hour of inactivity so if you keep calling API commands with the same session ID you'll never get logged out. However if you don't call an API command for an hour then the session will expire and you will have to login again.

permanent link

answered 07 Jan '13, 06:13

DavidR's gravatar image

DavidR ♦♦
accept rate: 100%

Sounds good, thanks.

(08 Jan '13, 13:47) bitspill bitspill's gravatar image
API sessions are valid for two weeks from the time you successfully call the `login()` method.

Actually, I'm not sure about that. Will get back to you!

permanent link

answered 31 Dec '12, 18:52

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
9.8k2928
accept rate: 38%

edited 31 Dec '12, 19:10

Ok, not a problem. I still need to do some work before that even becomes a problem yet.

(01 Jan '13, 11:38) bitspill bitspill's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×56
×1

question asked: 31 Dec '12, 18:23

question was seen: 1,426 times

last updated: 08 Jan '13, 13:47

Features & prices    Sign up    Contact us    Affiliate program    Support    Legal    Jobs    Blog    Control panel login
© Copyright 2003-2015 Swarma Limited - WebFaction is a service of Swarma Limited