WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a catch all email account that sends all incoming mail elsewhere for processing

If these emails were received because the recipient was blind copied (bcc), it is at the moment impossible to tell who the email was sent to.

Understandably there is no bcc header, but some MTAs can be configured to record the original envelope recipient address in a special header. Is this something Webfaction or I could set-up?

asked 08 Jan '13, 15:38

jsvaughan
accept rate: 0%

That's not something you can set up yourself, since you don't have access to the MTA configuration.

That's also not something we can set up for you, since doing so would compromise the privacy that is implied by BCC and that is expected by our customers.

If you have particular addresses for which you expect to receive mail as a BCC recipient, then I recommend that you create separate addresses for those, and target them at a mail2script script that injects an identifying header into them before handing them off to your remote system.

permanent link

answered 08 Jan '13, 18:33

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×3
×2
×2

question asked: 08 Jan '13, 15:38

question was seen: 2,528 times

last updated: 08 Jan '13, 18:33

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM