WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi there,

Tried installing Redmine 2.2.0 application via the WF control panel. After a long wait it gives the error "There was an error creating the app with the custom script."

asked 09 Jan '13, 08:23

joao
accept rate: 0%

edited 10 Jan '13, 11:59

2.0.3 also fails with same error

(09 Jan '13, 08:45) joao

I just created a Redmine 2.2.0 application with no error named "test_redmine", so it is not necessarily something wrong with the installer but something related to your setup. Hopefully seanf swings by soon to help you out.

(09 Jan '13, 17:29) bitspill

@joao which server are you on?

(09 Jan '13, 17:43) seanf

I'm on web178 The Redmine documentation http://docs.webfaction.com/software/redmine.html doesn't have any install steps, so I'm not sure if I need to install anything else first or if another app is interfering.

(10 Jan '13, 05:11) joao

There was a problem with the timeout settings in the control panel. That's been fixed, and you should now be able to create your Redmine application.

permanent link

answered 10 Jan '13, 17:08

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Thanks. I'm getting closer. Tried again and it gave a different "Error: the install script didn't output the new application ID (it didn't produce any output)".

But that might be okay. So I pointed a domain and website to it. When I visit the URL I see "403 Forbidden" and "nginx/1.0.6".

I also tried restarting nginx ~/webapps/<app_name>/bin/restart but got "nginx: [alert] Unable to start the Phusion Passenger watchdog because it encountered the following error during startup: Unable to start the Phusion Passenger helper agent: it seems to have crashed during startup for an unknown reason, with exit code 1 (-1: Unknown error)"

(11 Jan '13, 02:27) joao

Ok, our developers are looking into this. I'll report back here when it is fixed. In the meantime, if you need to have Redmine 2.2 up and running, feel free to open a support ticket to ask us to set it up for you manually (mention "Attn: Sean" in the subject).

(11 Jan '13, 10:06) seanf

Seems to be same problem with the length of PASSENGER_TMPDIR in bin/start as reported earlier.

The fix described there worked for me.

permanent link

answered 02 Feb '13, 10:44

codelust
accept rate: 50%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×58
×46

question asked: 09 Jan '13, 08:23

question was seen: 5,088 times

last updated: 02 Feb '13, 10:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM