WebFaction
Community site: login faq

When I recently logged in to phpMyAdmin it suggested I update it, which I cannot so I was instead looking to see if there is a technical reason it has not occured yet or if you were just not yet aware of the update.

A newer version of phpMyAdmin is available and you should consider upgrading. The newest version is 3.5.5, released on 2012-12-20.

asked 23 Jan '13, 23:20

bitspill's gravatar image

bitspill
accept rate: 0%

As of this writing we have phpMyAdmin version 3.5.4 installed. For critical releases (such as security releases), we'll update right away. For bugfix releases, it's more efficient to do updates every few versions or so.

If there is some particular bug in the current version which is affecting your ability to effectively use the software, please let us know and we'll look into upgrading sooner. Also note that you can install your own instance of phpMyAdmin if you wanted to; you would just only log in with your own database credentials. phpMyAdmin could also be installed in the same way to manage a private MySQL instance.

permanent link

answered 24 Jan '13, 02:28

ryans's gravatar image

ryans ♦♦
5.0k42754
accept rate: 43%

Seems logical to me, just saw the notice and wanted to be sure you were aware.

(24 Jan '13, 19:54) bitspill bitspill's gravatar image

in exporting my DB from localhost under MAMP Pro and then importing into my WEBFACTION DB i ran into a issue where my DB ended up wit ha rash of weird Windows line endings : \r\n\r\n

is this issue do with versions of MyPHPAdmin? MAMP Pro is using phpMyAdmin Version: 4.6.5.1 and at Webfaction it is Version : 4.4.15.7

(25 Mar, 17:28) baba baba's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×24
×23

question asked: 23 Jan '13, 23:20

question was seen: 4,102 times

last updated: 25 Mar, 17:28

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM