WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Sometimes, (happening only today), when uploading media files to WordPress' media, I get on the right hand side "Missing a temporary folder". It then works like 2-5 mins later. The server was obviously not down, since wp-admin was working. Was this because of some temporary glitch in the settings ? I've googled it and its a host specific question related to chmoding directories.

asked 28 Jan '13, 06:30

epqrs
accept rate: 0%

it's possible that the system /tmp directory is occasionally full on your server. If you think that may be the case, then set your PHP upload_tmp_dir to a location within your home directory. Instructions for configuring PHP are available in our documentation: Configuring PHP

permanent link

answered 28 Jan '13, 16:56

seanf
12.1k21736
accept rate: 37%

Today I set in my php.ini upload_tmp_dir = /home/username/tmp/ Will I need to flush out /home/username/tmp/ regularly using a cron ?

(06 Feb '13, 06:43) epqrs

If your application does not clean up its own temporary files automatically (like any good application should) then yes, you should clean it out yourself on a regular schedule. A cron job would be a good way to do that.

(06 Feb '13, 12:54) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×242
×63

question asked: 28 Jan '13, 06:30

question was seen: 8,358 times

last updated: 06 Feb '13, 12:54

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM