WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, this is a novice question. I just registered a new domain (hydrodata.eu) on the domain registrar gandi.net. Now I want to link this domain with my webfactional.com hosting account which is currently a temporary domain keskari.webfactional.com. What I mean, if the user types hydrodata.eu in the browser, they should see the index.html page that is hosted on website1 of my webfactional account.

I read in the documentation, that I must change some nameserver information. Where do I enter the nameserver addresses? 1. I log-in to my account on gandi.net and enter the nameserver of webfactional.com OR 2. I log-in to my account at webfactional.com and enter the nameserver of gandi.net

Is 1. correct or is 2.correct? Thank you in advance for explanation!

asked 29 Jan '13, 06:40

jirik
accept rate: 66%

You need to login to the ghandi.net's control panel to change your domain's NS records to ours. See the related documentation page for more info.

When the change has propagated and if you have linked your hydrodata.eu domain with the application keskari.webfactional.com is currently using, then you should be able to access your site by that domain.

permanent link

answered 29 Jan '13, 06:48

iliasr ♦♦
2.1k14
accept rate: 35%

edited 29 Jan '13, 07:59

Thank you for the answer. Where do I find the NS records of webfactional.com? I logged-in to the webfaction control panel (my.webfaction.com) but I cannot see any NS records or Nameserver item.

(29 Jan '13, 07:56) jirik

Oops, it seems I've forgotten to paste the link to our nameservers info :)

I've edited my answer to include it.

(29 Jan '13, 07:59) iliasr ♦♦

OK, thanks. The documentation page link has all information that I needed. This is the answer that I was looking for.

(29 Jan '13, 08:04) jirik
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×17
×9

question asked: 29 Jan '13, 06:40

question was seen: 5,706 times

last updated: 29 Jan '13, 08:04

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM