WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi Webfaction team -

First, a huge thanks for your excellent service and for continuing to add excellent features like the new plans and the private DB instances :-) You guys are the best in this business by far from my experience :-)

I just wanted to ask you a quick question about 2-factors authentication for our WF user accounts, specifically if you have considered adding it in the near future? I'm spending a large amount of time securing all my apps, and I've enabled 2-factors auth on all my critical applications. I just went ahead and did it for my Wordpress as well using Authy's just released Wordpress plugin.

Now, after all this, I realized that by far my biggest vulnerability was my WF account panel, where an attacker could wipe out everything in minutes. I should be pretty safe with good passwords and my email protected by 2-factors auth, but still feel a bit ill at ease when a total wipeout of my data is just a username and password click away.

So I just wanted to see if you had an interest in implementing this, perhaps even using the Authy service, since they make it easy to implement 2-factors auth using their API ;-)

Last thing, I wouldn't mind at all paying an extra fee for getting this, so that you can offset the cost on those clients like me who do value this service and keep your prices low for those who don't .

Many thanks for your reply!

Best, - Julien

asked 31 Jan '13, 17:28

Julien
accept rate: 0%

We currently do not have any plans for this, but it's a great suggestion, and I'll pass it along to our management team for consideration. Thanks!

permanent link

answered 31 Jan '13, 17:35

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Many thanks Sean!

(31 Jan '13, 21:52) Julien

Is there any updates on this?

(17 Apr '15, 07:55) rjakobsson

Thanks for showing your interest in 2FA. We still don't have an ETA for this feature, but we'll make an announcement if that changes :)

(17 Apr '15, 11:57) aaront ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×69
×31
×1

question asked: 31 Jan '13, 17:28

question was seen: 2,539 times

last updated: 17 Apr '15, 11:57

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM