WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Simple question but I'm afraid that it may interfere with FTP or SSH access. I want to delete my "username.webfactional.com" domain or at least link it to a blank dummy page. Currently it links to my anonymous blog and my username isn't very anonymous. Can I just delete it or is there something else I could do?

asked 28 Dec '10, 01:56

jjarsbar
accept rate: 0%

While you can delete this domain and it won't hurt anything, you won't be able to get it back without filing a support ticket.

Instead, we would recommend that you edit your website record which is serving your blog (under Domains / Websites -> Websites) and remove the webfactional domain from the website record.

More information on website records in general is available at: http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/websites.html

permanent link

answered 28 Dec '10, 02:02

ryans ♦♦
5.0k83159
accept rate: 43%

Since I have a similar problem as jjarsbar has, I would ask for your opninion on this.

I have my username.webfactional.com domain which is not bounded to any website. If I visit this URL it shows me the "Coming soon: Another fine website hosted by WebFaction. bla bla bla ... " page. How can I remove this url or force it to point to a 404 page? When I click on it I get no DELETE button.

Thank you. Just enrolled in webfaction a couple of days ago!

permanent link

answered 25 Apr '16, 05:49

nik
accept rate: 16%

Can you please open a support ticket, so that we can check your account and advise on this?

(25 Apr '16, 06:21) dimitari
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×17

question asked: 28 Dec '10, 01:56

question was seen: 2,298 times

last updated: 25 Apr '16, 06:21

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM