WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am following up with the Stackoverflow message regarding PIL/easy_thumbnails/libjpeg. Link

The response

The problem was because of by default pip install PIL on my Webfaction instance was linked with libjpeg so did pip install PIllow and followed the article at http://community.webfaction.com/questions/7340/how-to-install-pil-with-truetype-support

is unclear to me, since pip uninstall PIL will crash my entire django project. Pillow does not seem to be recognised.

I am not clear how the instructions explain the installation of Pillow - there is no mentioning of Pillow. How can I fix PIL in order to remove the InvalidImageFormatError on my production environment on webfaction?

asked 06 Feb '13, 01:56

Hannes
accept rate: 0%

The instructions you referenced don't explain the installation of Pillow, because they aren't written for Pillow. They're written for the official PIL library, not the Pillow fork.

I'm not sure why the person who posted that question on StackOverflow installed both Pillow and PIL.

I recommend that you try following our PIL instructions to see if they solve the problem you are having.

permanent link

answered 06 Feb '13, 12:52

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×910
×54
×12
×2

question asked: 06 Feb '13, 01:56

question was seen: 3,575 times

last updated: 06 Feb '13, 12:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM