WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I would like to allow one of my clients to manage their own email accounts directly through Webfaction's control panel. I believe this requires having my client create their own Webfaction hosting account - is that right? If so, if they are using IMAP to manage their email, can their email accounts be migrated directly to the new Webfaction hosting account by me or Webfaction support, or would that have to be done by the client in their IMAP email client program?

This question is marked "community wiki".

asked 11 Feb '13, 14:27

timblack1
accept rate: 100%

edited 11 Feb '13, 14:30

We don't have a system in place to move mailboxes between different accounts, so you'll need to transfer the mail from the old mailboxes to the new mailboxes via IMAP. You can do that in a desktop email client as you suggested, but its far easier to use a tool like imapsync or Mailjumpr.

permanent link

answered 11 Feb '13, 16:08

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

i tried MailJumpr, but it was a bit flakey. Then i thought i would try imapsync which i dreaded to use as the last time a looked at it it was all terminal based. but surprising they now have a new web-based gui option. The Cat's Pyjamas lads and lassies !!! ... so easy. i had over 14K messages and 30 folders to move, whch was done in four hours while i consumed vino and surfed the net

(27 Apr, 20:57) baba
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×22
×9

question asked: 11 Feb '13, 14:27

question was seen: 5,155 times

last updated: 27 Apr, 20:59

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM