WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, I have lot of problem with owncloud in production, there is too much bug .... and update create also probleme with file integrity.

I see there is a new alternative, more mature, nammed seafile (https://github.com/haiwen/seafile/wiki)

Is there anybody already install server + web front end of this software on webfaction ? I'm very interested by your return, and your advice.

asked 22 Feb '13, 03:48

reyman64
accept rate: 25%

I don't know of anyone running Seafile on WebFaction at this time, but looking at the setup instructions, it doesn't appear to be too difficult.

Here is some general guidance:

• Install the Python prerequisites by following our instructions for installing Python packages.
  • Use 'custom app listening on port' applications to reserve the port numbers you need for your application.
  • When you run the setup script, be sure to specify locations within your home directory (for example, when asked to provide a path for seafile data storage).
  • If you need ports opened for external access, open a support ticket to request it.
permanent link

answered 22 Feb '13, 17:43

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

I am in the process of attempting the installation. Can you tell me when I would need to reserve a port with a custom application vs filing a ticket for external access? Is that if I don't file the tickets, the services will be available locally but not over the internet? Thanks!

(24 Mar '13, 18:47) tbern

Creating the custom apps will assign ports for you but they are not accessible externally by default, so if you need to access them externally that is the only thing you will need to log a ticket for.

(24 Mar '13, 19:06) waynek
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×44
×22
×19
×5

question asked: 22 Feb '13, 03:48

question was seen: 3,523 times

last updated: 24 Mar '13, 19:06

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM