WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I'm new to WebFaction and need help deployign a project running on Turbogears 1.0, Python 2.5. I created a new application and copied my project to that subfolder. Instructions for deploying says to modify development.ini, but there is no such file in my folder.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

asked 04 Mar '13, 17:31

vrs762
accept rate: 0%

TurboGears has changed a lot since that release and is now deployed much differently so what is in the docs many not apply.

The file which you should edit in this version is 'prod.cfg'. You can get more insight on how the app is being served by reading the 'autostart.cgi' script. You may submit a support ticket if you get stuck and require assistance, that way we can look at the account directly.

permanent link

answered 04 Mar '13, 21:33

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

When I now try to deploy the app, I get the following error:

The config entry 'static_filter.file' is invalid, because the 'static_filter' config namespace is unknown.

Any clues as to how to fix this?

(05 Mar '13, 01:59) vrs762

When you installed your project egg with easy_install, it pulled in a lot of newer libraries and broke your TurboGears installation. You'll need to uninstall the newer libraries to get it working again.

(05 Mar '13, 12:06) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×2

question asked: 04 Mar '13, 17:31

question was seen: 1,193 times

last updated: 05 Mar '13, 12:06

Related questions

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM