WebFaction
Community site: login faq

My site seems to work until I set DEBUG to False in settings.py then all I get are 500 errors. There are no log messages in the logs in logs/user or logs/frontend. I installed the Django Debug toolbar and of course it doesn't show up unless I set DEBUG to True and when I do that I don't see any indication of a problem. However, I don't guess I have logging enabled.

I would think it was an issue with either Templates or static. With respect to the latter, however, I already worked through the problem of apache not finding the static content which was my fault (didn't properly configure the webfaction static app for it). So the problem with static content showed up even with DEBUG set to True. That leaves me with template problems but the Debug toolbar doesn't seem to think there is a problem and the webfaction docs suggest that 500s from templates would produce error messages in some log but I see none.

Anybody else run into this one?

asked 13 Mar '13, 13:29

yatinla
accept rate: 0%

Could I ask you to please log a support ticket with us for this issue? That will allow us to look at your installation to see what's going wrong. Thanks, Wayne K | WebFaction Support.

(13 Mar '13, 20:45) waynek

There actually can be a number of different reasons for a 500 error when DEBUG is False. The most common reason is that the "ALLOWED_HOSTS" setting in settings.py is not set correctly. More information is available here.

permanent link

answered 04 Apr '13, 21:32

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×19
×13

question asked: 13 Mar '13, 13:29

question was seen: 7,080 times

last updated: 04 Apr '13, 21:32

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM