WebFaction
Community site: login faq

So I have an application on my computer that has a dependency, rpc4django which I installed using "easy_install rpc4django". It's come to trying it on the server & i'm having issues.

Running the same code on the server gives the same issue. Ive tried the manual install and had the same results. It seems to have installed correctly just by trying to import it:

>>> import rpc4django
>>>

Even when restarting apache im getting a 200 error. Any suggestions?

asked 13 Mar '13, 20:48

8ll
accept rate: 0%

edited 14 Mar '13, 00:13

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93260

First, note that if you are using "easy_install rpc4django" to install the module, then it may be getting installed for a different python version than your application is using. For example, this may install it for python2.6, but your application may be using python2.7. In such a case, you would want to install it for python2.7 instead, using "easy_install-2.7 rpc4django". (Also note that in such a case, the "import rpc4django" check would not be effective unless you are running it from within python2.7 manage.py shell)

Second, with respect to the error, a "200 Error" is really a 500 Error, so the error logs may contain more specific details as to the nature of the problem.

permanent link

answered 14 Mar '13, 00:17

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93260
accept rate: 43%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×908
×102
×15

question asked: 13 Mar '13, 20:48

question was seen: 2,232 times

last updated: 14 Mar '13, 00:17

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM