WebFaction
Community site: login faq

One of the many reasons why I am here at WebFaction is the default installation of Latex to all the server. I was able to utilize it in my Drupal sites without much effort using the Drutex module in Dupal. Now, I am developing an OSQA site and reads in the meta.osqa.net their solution to do this. There are many suggestions like using CodeCogs, jsMath, mimeTex, and MathJax. Those are not necessary though in our case here because we already have the math engine in our server, all we need to do is to call it in our app. So how can we do this specially to our OSQA app?

asked 27 Mar '13, 08:23

Romel
accept rate: 40%

edited 27 Mar '13, 08:25

I think a client-side solution like MathJax would probably be easiest to implement.

If you want to use latex on the server to render latex embedded in Markdown, then you'll need to hook something like Markdown-LaTeX into OSQA. I suspect that it shouldn't be too difficult, but I don't have a step-by-step guide for you :)

permanent link

answered 27 Mar '13, 10:08

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

I will try to get my hands dirty on this. I am not a coder though but if I have some needs I can usually find a way to implement it. I am not sure if I can do it this time. Question: Is Markdown already installed in our server? It is one of the dependencies listed in Markdown-Latex.

(27 Mar '13, 18:02) Romel

Markdown is installed in the lib/python2.x subdirectory of your OSQA application (assuming you installed OSQA via our install script). If you need to install it separately, you can do so by following the instructions in our documentation: Installing Python Packages

(27 Mar '13, 18:07) seanf

Copy that sir. Yes I used the WF install script in installing OSQA.

(27 Mar '13, 18:33) Romel
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×113
×43
×5

question asked: 27 Mar '13, 08:23

question was seen: 6,311 times

last updated: 27 Mar '13, 18:33

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM