WebFaction
Community site: login faq

HI, my site is on 1GB server , and I use wordpress application with large database around 1GB with 85000 posts and growing. my question is how much memory I should put in my wp-config.php file ? lets say I put 512 MB what about the other 512 I still have on the server ? regards AL

asked 02 Apr '13, 15:35

sundance
accept rate: 0%

Assuming you mean this setting, it is a per process limit and each request spawns its own process. So in all reality you should not need to adjust it whatsoever unless you are receiving an error while the pages render. The OS and Apache will manage the RAM for you for the concurrent requests. Also 1GB servers provide many less users so it is not only RAM which is the advantage, you have more available resources in general, RAM, Disk, etc.

permanent link

answered 02 Apr '13, 17:37

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

Thanks for the explanation , yes I have memory issue this is why I increased it 512 , and I noticed more speed on my site , maybe I'm mistaken.

http://www.mepanorama.com

permanent link

answered 02 Apr '13, 18:25

sundance
accept rate: 0%

edited 02 Apr '13, 18:52

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×245
×87

question asked: 02 Apr '13, 15:35

question was seen: 3,473 times

last updated: 02 Apr '13, 18:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM