WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I created a private mysql instance to run my website but I'm not familiar with the process on how to connect my php app or phpMyAdmin to this new instance. I guess I first have to manually create a user using the cli but even here I have many questions is the root account open by default? Any guidance would be appreciated.

asked 08 Apr '13, 16:43

Clooner
accept rate: 0%

Yes, you'll need to create your MySQL users and grant them permission to their databases via the mysql command line client.

After you've created your user and have set permissions, you can connect your PHP app to the database using "localhost" as the hostname, and your app's assigned port number as the MySQL port, and of course your database name, database username, and password.

If you need phpMyAdmin, you'll need to install your own phpMyAdmin manually into a Static/CGI/PHP application.

The root account is not open. The root password is available in the "extra info" field in your app info at https://my.webfaction.com/applications.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 08 Apr '13, 17:13

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×168
×44
×33
×11
×5

question asked: 08 Apr '13, 16:43

question was seen: 4,337 times

last updated: 08 Apr '13, 17:13

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM