WebFaction
Community site: login faq

One of my domain names is currently down (status on whois is "renewal hold") because of a problem in the renewal process even though I paid for renewal. The problem isn't on my end, as my account on the registrar shows that I paid for my renewal. My domain name registrar is a reseller and has to straighten things out with the vendor. Regardless of whether the registrar or the upstream vendor is the one at fault, I plan to switch to somebody else.

I have other domain name registrars for other domain names and sites, and I see that those are resellers as well. I haven't had problems with them, but it may be just luck.

Thus, I'm looking for a domain name registrar that is ICANN-accredited and NOT a reseller. Registering my domain name through a reseller means that there are TWO possible points of failure. Registering through an ICANN-accredited registrar means that there is only ONE possible point of failure.

What ICANN-accredited registrars do you recommend? No, I'm not interested in GoDaddy. I'm asking here, because the average WebFaction user is more savvy than the average webmaster.

asked 18 Apr '13, 15:20

dopplervalue...
accept rate: 100%

closed 29 Apr '13, 17:41

seanf
12.2k42136

I used NameCheap had no problems thus far, only a customer for 1 year however...

permanent link

answered 18 Apr '13, 22:24

bitspill
accept rate: 0%

While I use NameCheap too, they are a reseller for eNom...

(18 Apr '13, 22:28) SethKinast

Ah, guess I didn't look close enough. Well then might as well jump straight to http://www.enom.com for dopplervalueinvesting

(19 Apr '13, 12:16) bitspill

I would recommend you to register your domain names from XnYnZ.com which is ICANN-accredited .They provide domain registration service at reasonable price.After registering your domain name,check the domain information by using Whoisxy.com .

permanent link

answered 29 Apr '13, 02:02

Rickson
accept rate: 0%

They're a GoDaddy reseller.

(29 Apr '13, 17:36) SethKinast
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128

question asked: 18 Apr '13, 15:20

question was seen: 6,467 times

last updated: 29 Apr '13, 17:42

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM