WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I had problems with the database load. I suspect some of the django generated queries might require new indexes to perform better.

Mysql has an option to log slow queries. That would be very helpful in determining which indexes to create.

Can I activate this option or something similar on a shared db instance, or do I have to install my own instance of mysql?

asked 21 Apr '13, 09:53

wuerg
accept rate: 0%

The slow query log on the shared MySQL server can only be activated by WebFaction staff. You would need to open a support ticket to have that done on the shared MySQL server.

You may also want to consider installing a private instance of MySQL. We now offer a one-click installer for mysql from the Control Panel. This means you can install a private mysql instance like any other application. You would then import your databases into the new mysql instance.

The benefit is that you have full control over the configuration, but it uses the system libraries so any patched like security holes would be applied for you.

permanent link

answered 21 Apr '13, 11:45

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 27%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×168

question asked: 21 Apr '13, 09:53

question was seen: 2,848 times

last updated: 21 Apr '13, 11:45

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM