WebFaction
Community site: login faq
  1. How much time does it take for a new domain to be up and running (the webfactional demo showed a new domain with ruby on rail app up and running within seconds)?.

2. What changes occur in Files after new domains are formed?

asked 03 Jan '11, 18:09

khurram
accept rate: 0%

If the domain is already pointing at our servers, then once it is fully set up in the control panel, it should be available within just a few minutes. If it is not yet pointing at our servers, then once the appropriate changes have been made at the domain registrar, it may take up to 48 hours for all requests to your domain to correctly resolve to WebFaction’s servers. This is due to propagation in the domain name system and is not something we have control over.

No changes are made to any of your files when a new domain is added to the account.

permanent link

answered 03 Jan '11, 18:20

maryh
1.3k17
accept rate: 35%

Yeah.I heard something similar.but forgive my ignorance.How will i get to know that new domain is pointing at your servers or not..what i have notice.

Soon after signup with webfaction the default domain 'username.webfactional.com' was up and running and not showing any errors.so now i assume that was pointing to your server

when i made another domain 'www.blablasomething.com' it is still not up.so it will take time?.is there something i can do to point them to ur server?.Thanks.

(04 Jan '11, 06:13) khurram

You'll need to change your domain's NS records to:

ns1.webfaction.com
ns2.webfaction.com
ns3.webfaction.com
ns4.webfaction.com

Your domain registrar should have specific instructions on how to do this within their systems.

(04 Jan '11, 06:16) David L ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×4

question asked: 03 Jan '11, 18:09

question was seen: 3,191 times

last updated: 04 Jan '11, 06:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM