WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have installed tomcat and tried to deploy a very simple GWT web app. I have already received emails to warm me that im over my app memory limit. Have I done something wrong with my installation? Or is Webfaction unsuitable for hosting Web Apps in particular GWT war files? I was hoping that Webfaction would be able to handle such apps. Considering that I only tried to deploy a simple app this is quite worrying

Can anyone help me with the above?

asked 24 May '13, 18:20

Santiago
accept rate: 0%

edited 24 May '13, 18:25

The simple fact is that Java web applications tend to use a lot of memory. There are some tips at this post that might help: heap memory java openjdk

permanent link

answered 24 May '13, 18:34

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

could this be Tomcat related too? My app has been running since yesterday with no memory issues. Would the use of Jetty reduce the chances of getting this error again?

(25 May '13, 10:12) Santiago

Yes, the memory usage of Tomcat and Jetty will be different -- although the difference will depend on your particular application. In most cases, Jetty will require less RAM than Tomcat. If you do test this, please post your results here so other people can learn from your experience.

(25 May '13, 16:07) likebike
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×225
×87
×54
×20
×16

question asked: 24 May '13, 18:20

question was seen: 3,387 times

last updated: 25 May '13, 16:07

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM