WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Can we maintain the same websocket connection between two different pages in the same tab. I am using torandIO2 for websockets. To be clear below is the flow:

1. User opens home page and new websocket connection will be established and he will be shown online th other users viewing this page.
  2. User clicks on some link and the page reloads causing the termination of his connection. Ofcourse I can open up a new connection when he open a new page. But this will reflect in constant change in his state(online/offline) to other users in the network.

asked 27 May '13, 00:49

Yeswanth
accept rate: 0%

We have no restriction on the server which would stop this. You will want to contact the user community for the server-side application to see what it is capable of doing and how you would implement this in code. I personally would use JavaScript client-side to do browser refreshes, which can connect to the server via HTTP and fetch new data.

permanent link

answered 27 May '13, 17:42

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

edited 27 May '13, 18:15

seanf
12.2k42136

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×27
×11
×1
×1

question asked: 27 May '13, 00:49

question was seen: 4,007 times

last updated: 27 May '13, 18:15

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM