WebFaction
Community site: login faq

While accessing our web application - we running into following issue -

OperationalError: (1129, "Host 'hostname.webfaction.com' is blocked because of many connection errors; unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'")

Can someone please help?

Its been more than 45 minutes no one responding to support ticket, suggestions are welcome if someone has come across similar issue.

asked 10 Jun '13, 10:46

mutant
accept rate: 0%

I've answered your ticket. I didn't see the error you mentioned on your site, and there are no problems with the MySQL service on your shared server.

If you're using the shared MySQL service, then you can't do anything to fix the problem yourself. If you do see the MySQL error again, please do open another urgent ticket and we'll answer it as soon as possible. Please note that we answer all ticket by order of priority and age, so the response time may vary depending on the number of urgent tickets ahead of yours.

If you're using a private MySQL instance, then you have full control over the database service and can run mysqladmin flush-hosts on it yourself.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 10 Jun '13, 11:10

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

@seanf - We are not using private MySQL instance. Can you please flush the connections for us?

And I have mentioned the exact error why its happening, can you please explain, why do I need to open another ticket? I understand that support is taken care in the order of urgent ticket, though is there any other way to get response/help earlier, as while I am writing this its been more than hour and the app is still down.

(10 Jun '13, 11:17) mutant

I meant, if it happens again in a future incident, you should open a new ticket.

Our ticketing system is the only support channel available at this time.

(10 Jun '13, 11:27) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×168
×84
×14

question asked: 10 Jun '13, 10:46

question was seen: 2,323 times

last updated: 10 Jun '13, 11:27

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM