WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am looking for a nicer way to present mailing list history (more like a conversation, ie. GMail or a Forum) than mailman's default threading option which doesn't show you more than one message at a time. This led me to two questions:

1) Does anyone have a good suggestion for a product that works well on Webfaction? (swish-e search engine is often suggested with mailman)

2) Can I even get to my mailman archives on my webfaction account? I didn't see them within my home directory.

Any help is much appreciated. If I ever get to a solution I'll post it here as well. Thanks!

asked 02 Jul '13, 00:23

diginized
accept rate: 0%

edited 02 Jul '13, 00:24

Mailing lists are not stored on the web-server, they are on a mail server which you do not have direct access to.

We can provide the archives to you, but only via support ticket and by us backing them up and moving them manually, so creating a custom front-end would not be possible.

permanent link

answered 02 Jul '13, 01:19

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×3
×2
×1
×1

question asked: 02 Jul '13, 00:23

question was seen: 1,815 times

last updated: 02 Jul '13, 01:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM