WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I had read everything about this topic without results. This what i did:

1. I went to my account>Domains/Websites application> Application and Create Django 1.5.1 application and a Static app.

2. I add the Django and static applications to different websites.

3. I went to SSH and run this: easy-install-2.7 pip and pip install django-cms (everything installed at home/myusername/lib/python2.7)

4. I went to home/myusername/webapp/django and run django-admin.py startproject newsite. After that i rm -rf myproject.

5. At newsite/newsite i edited the settings.pyand urls.py as Django-CMS suggest.

6. After that i tried to run python2.7 manage.py syncdb (-all and -fake) but it tells me that all the apps where missing. ('cms.plugins.file' 'cms.plugins.flash' 'cms.plugins.googlemap' 'cms.plugins.link' 'cms.plugins.picture' 'cms.plugins.snippet' 'cms.plugins.teaser' 'cms.plugins.text' 'cms.plugins.video' 'cms.plugins.twitter', etc.)

I think that the problem could be that the django-cms is not inside the newsite project folder.

What should i do next? where im supossed to put the django-cms files?

Best regards to all of you,

Iván

asked 16 Jul '13, 08:13

divxpr
accept rate: 0%

I would recommend installing the django-cms files directly into your application using pip. Once you have installed, check that they are on your path using:

python2.7 manage.py shell
import cms

If Django-CMS imports without error, then try to run "python2.7 manage.py syncdb" again.

Also check our this related post about installing Django-CMS.

(16 Jul '13, 14:36) timg ♦♦

I tried what you said without success, i did this:

1. I went to html/myusername/webapps/django/
  2. I Run

pip-2.7 install --install-option="--install-scripts=$PWD/bin" --install-option=" --install-lib=$PWD/lib" django-cms

3. This are my results:

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): django-cms in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): Django>=1.4,<1.6 in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from django-cms)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): django-classy-tags>=0.3.4.1 in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from django-cms)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): south>=0.7.2 in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from django-cms)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): html5lib in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from django-cms)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): django-mptt>=0.5.1,<0.5.3 in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from django-cms)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): django-sekizai>=0.7 in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from django-cms)

Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): six in /home/myusername/lib/python2.7 (from html5lib->django-cms)

Cleaning up...

4. I noticed it installed at the default installation directory (/home/myusername/lib/python2.7) but not in the application directory (/home/myusername/webapps/django/lib/python2.7)

5. I run python2.7 manage.py shell, this was the result:

ImportError: No module named flashcms.plugins.googlemapcms.plugins.linkcms.plugins.textcms.plugins.twitterfilercmsplugin_filer_filecmsplugin_filer_foldercmsplugin_filer_imagecmsplugin_filer_teasercmsplugin_filer_videoreversion

6. Im not sure how to install the pip modules on the application directory.

(16 Jul '13, 19:12) divxpr

The error seems to suggest it is missing a plugin or module which a plugin requires. If you submit a support ticket we can check your account in real-time and troubleshoot further.

permanent link

answered 16 Jul '13, 19:55

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

I dont think is that, those are the modules i added in the INSTALLED APPS section at the settings.py file:

'cms',
'mptt',
'menus',
'south',
'sekizai', 
'cms.plugins.flash'
'cms.plugins.googlemap'
'cms.plugins.link'
'cms.plugins.text'
'cms.plugins.twitter'
'filer'
'cmsplugin_filer_file'
'cmsplugin_filer_folder'
'cmsplugin_filer_image'
'cmsplugin_filer_teaser'
'cmsplugin_filer_video'
'reversion'

The problem must be that the django-cms files aren't installing at the application folder (html/myusername/webapps/django/lib/python2.7/) that is the reason why they are missing.

(17 Jul '13, 05:09) divxpr

Please open a ticket at our support site, and we'll help you find the cause of the issue.

(17 Jul '13, 08:09) timg ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×113
×102
×7

question asked: 16 Jul '13, 08:13

question was seen: 4,215 times

last updated: 17 Jul '13, 08:09

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM