WebFaction
Community site: login faq

As I was trying to send and email from my-name@my-site.com to my-page@my-site, it never brought to the recepeint but instead it gave me feedback saying that

"This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server. The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: my-page@my-site.co Reason: 5.1.1 my-page@my-site.co: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

asked 17 Jul '13, 01:33

respect's gravatar image

respect
accept rate: 0%

Do the email addresses which you are sending from and sending to both exist?

(17 Jul '13, 02:12) ryans ♦♦ ryans's gravatar image

Hey Ryan,

I have been trying to get my emails live and working for the past week via your servers and cannot afford to have them in limbo any longer as we are missing out on valuable business and was wondering if we might be able to do a live chat via skype to fix the problem in settings. I believe everything is correctly configured yet I am still having some odd things occur. Would love your personal help with this! Thank you in advance,

Regards James

(18 Jul '13, 22:26) respect respect's gravatar image

We don't offer live support, sorry - although we typically respond to support tickets quickly.

You haven't yet provided any information we can use to debug so we haven't been able to assist more specifically with your issue. The error you're seeing suggests that either the email address you're sending from or sending to doesn't exist, so we'd recommend opening a support ticket including all of this information. Also include the full bounced email (complete with headers) so we can check email logs at that time.

(18 Jul '13, 22:43) ryans ♦♦ ryans's gravatar image
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×9
×1

question asked: 17 Jul '13, 01:33

question was seen: 905 times

last updated: 18 Jul '13, 22:43

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL