WebFaction
Community site: login faq

In a few days I will be having several domains on my WebFaction account. I always like to have a good stats overview. I could use something like Piwik but I prefer to run analytics based on server logs instead of javascript that needs to load in the users browser.

Here is my wishlist. What options do I have?

(1) Must be accessible from one location, something like stats.domain.com.

(2) Must have stats for specific domains in this one location ^.

(3) Must update at a reasonable interval, max every 24 hours.

(4) Must be reasonably light weight to not abuse memory, etc. I can use fcgi if needed.

Many thanks and I look forward to reviewing suggestions.

asked 05 Aug '13, 15:11

ptiger99
accept rate: 0%

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "must be accessible from one location". Since you suggested "stats.domain.com" I would assume that you mean each domain would have one location for its stats, on a "stats.domain.com" subdomain.

(05 Aug '13, 21:29) ryans ♦♦

We have one-click installers for both awstats and webalizer, and both of these seem like they would meet these requirements (I prefer webalizer myself). You would create a separate "stats.domain.com" subdomain for each domain, then install webalizer (or awstats) and mount it to that domain.

permanent link

answered 05 Aug '13, 21:25

ryans ♦♦
5.0k103960
accept rate: 43%

Ah okay, but it's not possible to have ALL stats accessible from one domain? That's what I meant with my first requirement.

(05 Aug '13, 23:25) ptiger99

Oh, I see what you mean. No, I don't think either of these tools provides that functionality and I'm not personally familiar with any good tools that are, as it's not a feature I've ever needed. Sorry.

(06 Aug '13, 02:41) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×4
×2

question asked: 05 Aug '13, 15:11

question was seen: 1,483 times

last updated: 06 Aug '13, 02:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM