WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Is there any way to invalidate the session ID so they can no longer be used for subsequent API calls? I know the session ID expires 1 hour after inactivity, but this means that it is possible someone could extend the life of the session ID for an indefinitely long period of time.

I am writing a script in which a local machine need to generate a session ID in behalf of a remote machine, so that the remote machine can run a script on a Webfaction account without actually knowing the Webfaction account's username/password. Once the other machine finishes executing its task, the local machine need to invalidate the session ID so the ID can no longer be used further.

asked 11 Aug '13, 08:06

lieryan
accept rate: 0%

I have posted this question to our development team. We should be updating this post as soon as they let us know. You may also want to post a support ticket if we do not get back to you in a timely manner.

permanent link

answered 11 Aug '13, 18:05

johns ♦♦
5.3k212
accept rate: 23%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×75
×11

question asked: 11 Aug '13, 08:06

question was seen: 1,834 times

last updated: 11 Aug '13, 18:05

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM