WebFaction
Community site: login faq

hello all... I am new to ubuntu environment and while creating a reviewboard-site,i had to give the following command : sudo chown -R www-data /var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/upload which resulted in the above raised error.

Any smart suggestions...? All worthy suggestions are appreciated Thanks in advance

asked 27 Aug '13, 01:38

sainath
accept rate: 0%

edited 27 Aug '13, 01:42

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93160

The error you're describing is not specifically related to the "chown" command, but rather that some file or directory that you're attempting to chown doesn't exist.

Unfortunately without more information, we can't begin to speculate what the problem might be.

As a note, if you're planning to deploy this on WebFaction, you should never need to use the "chown" command, since all files would be owned by your user.

(27 Aug '13, 01:43) ryans ♦♦

Thanks ryans but how to avoid such errors ...i had gone through many sites but haven't got the specified solution . this is the referred site which i had gone through for installation of reviewboard - http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.7/admin/installation/linux/

(28 Aug '13, 05:13) sainath

If you're trying to install ReviewBoard on your local Ubuntu system, we're not able to assist you with that.

If you're trying to install ReviewBoard on a WebFaction server, then you should be able to do so by following the instructions here: Install Reviewboard

permanent link

answered 28 Aug '13, 14:10

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

thanks seanf i'll have a hand on that...!!!

(29 Aug '13, 01:37) sainath

heyaa guyzzz thanks 4 ur suggestions ... actually it was my fault ..i had mismatched the folder name with "uploads" where the original was "uploaded" ..

IT"S ALL FINE NOW BUDDIES..!!!

permanent link

answered 31 Aug '13, 06:48

sainath
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×23
×3
×3
×2

question asked: 27 Aug '13, 01:38

question was seen: 8,023 times

last updated: 31 Aug '13, 06:48

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM