WebFaction
Community site: login faq

django 1.5X already supports Python 3.X.I've been using Python 3 for a while and I prefer to keep using it for the new features it provides. So Is it possible to start a django app using Python 3 ? Thank you!

asked 04 Sep '13, 22:39

laike9m
accept rate: 0%

Yes, it's possible.

Right now we don't have a full Apache+mod_wsgi instance for Python 3.3 available as a one-click installer (but we're working on it).

For right now, I would recommend installing a new "Custom Application (listening on port)" and then simply setting Django up under that using the Django Development Server. You can install pip for python 3 and use that to install Django and any other libraries you need, and Django itself can create your raw application ("manage.py startproject").

Then, once the full Python 3.3 Apache+mod_wsgi instance is available from the Control Panel, move the existing application to be served from this new application and cease using the Django Development Server.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 05 Sep '13, 01:34

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Thank you ryans!May I ask when will the Python 3.3 one-click installer be finished?

(05 Sep '13, 02:22) laike9m

This isn't something we can provide (no ETA) but it should be done by the end of the month.

(05 Sep '13, 02:32) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×337
×57
×23

question asked: 04 Sep '13, 22:39

question was seen: 2,847 times

last updated: 05 Sep '13, 02:38

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM