WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I followed the steps in this tutorial. Then I tried to visit the admin site,404(not django 404). I've checked the existence of myproject/myproject/wsgi.py.Logs seemed to provide little help either. So what should I do to detect the cause of the problem? OR what may be the cause form your experience?Thank you!

asked 07 Sep '13, 22:35

laike9m
accept rate: 0%

edited 07 Sep '13, 22:35

There's really not enough information here for us to go on to figure out what's wrong in this particular case. Could you please log a support ticket with us? Then we can look at your particular app to see what's happening. Wayne K | WebFaction Support

(08 Sep '13, 02:07) waynek

This problem has been solved. You need to update your website entry at https://my.webfaction.com/websites/372075/edit-website to use your django app.

As it is now, it will serve the contents of your ~/webapps/htdocs directory and since an admin directory doesn't exist there, a 404 error is being thrown from our frontend nginx webserver.

Regards,

Ilias R. WebFaction Support

permanent link

answered 08 Sep '13, 07:44

laike9m
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×22

question asked: 07 Sep '13, 22:35

question was seen: 2,206 times

last updated: 08 Sep '13, 07:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM