WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi guys... I have this situation. I get a domain for my friend and setup an email for him. It works fine. The catch is, I can access the mailbox if I wanted to.

Question: How can I create an email account so that I don't have access to the emails inside?

Do I need to install some software? Thank you.

asked 14 Sep '13, 20:45

Romel
accept rate: 40%

Cannot your friend change the password to his email account so that you can no longer access it? Admins don't have access to email if they don't provide correct password as far as i can tell.

(08 Jan '14, 23:38) baba

You can always reset passwords for any of your account mailboxes via the control panel.

(08 Jan '14, 23:50) seanf

As long as you are the administrator on the account you will always be able to get into whatever the account contains. The only way they can prevent you from accessing something in their account is by having their own account.

permanent link

answered 14 Sep '13, 21:15

waynek
accept rate: 27%

Unless your friend uses an end-to-end encryption for his emails, such as PGP or S/MIME, the mail server administrator will always be able to access all the emails sent through his server.

permanent link

answered 14 Sep '13, 22:37

lieryan
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×259
×8
×1

question asked: 14 Sep '13, 20:45

question was seen: 1,960 times

last updated: 08 Jan '14, 23:50

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM