WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Sorry for the newby question, but I would like to be able to keep experimenting today and am blocked. Earlier, I had a working Hello World static page and was getting 403 for Django admin page on the newly installed Django app.

I removed and recreated the Django app and the static app, was able to see Hello World. I then changed the index.html to Hello World!!! to test my understanding of what is where, and now I get Site Not Configured for both, even after waiting over 25 minutes for Webfactional server configuration work to finish.

Last access showing in Apache logs is for 2 hours previous, no current entries despite my repeated browsing of the site. Am I being too impatient?

I am not sure what other information might be needed to assist... I have been assigned Web425, no issues in the WebFaction Status page for that server. The domain in question is reneesgarden.webfactional.com.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Raintree

asked 29 Sep '13, 18:39

raintrees
accept rate: 0%

Sorry to bother any of you, I figured out that I had not associated the two applications with my website after recreating them. Now it is starting to work as expected. If others find this post and missed the obvious, as I did: I clicked on the website, then clicked Add Application, then chose Reuse existing and picked each app in turn.

This also answers why I was not seeing a textbox to type in a path for the /static app, as the tutorial called out - It showed up when I was assigning it to the website.

Thanks for your patience!

Mark

permanent link

answered 29 Sep '13, 18:56

raintrees
accept rate: 0%

As an aside, if you do find that you've set up a website record correctly but it's not taking effect, just open a support ticket and we'll force-regenerate the Nginx configuration on your server. This is rare, but it can happen.

(29 Sep '13, 19:14) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×29
×12

question asked: 29 Sep '13, 18:39

question was seen: 2,864 times

last updated: 29 Sep '13, 19:14

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM