WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have created a private mysql instance and intalled a copy of phpMyAdmin for that instance. When I try to import db (previously exported from common mysql with common phpmyadmin) – after 5 minutes it ends up with “504 Gateway timeout” error. I don`t think the timeout in config file is too small, because the same file loads on common mysql and phpmyadmin on the same server in less than a minute. And on private instance the import is not even started – no tables created at all. The same result with compressed and uncompressed files. Another problem – after this error the whole phpmyadmin app stops working – no pages displayed until I kill the session in browser.

asked 29 Nov '13, 00:56

Olaf
accept rate: 0%

The problem is that the frontend webserver timeout is 5 minutes and your import takes longer than that. This is why you are getting the 504 error message. To avoid this we recommend that you import databases from the command line.

permanent link

answered 29 Nov '13, 07:54

timg ♦♦
1.3k4
accept rate: 30%

As I wrote above the import is not even started.

(29 Nov '13, 22:46) Olaf

It performs the full upload before starting the import, so if the upload is taking longer than 5 minutes, then it's expected that the upload times out before import is started. How big is that database dump that you're uploading, and how fast are you uploading it?

(30 Nov '13, 00:36) ryans ♦♦

zipped file size is 4.7 Mb. On the same server, on phpmyadmin provided by Webfaction, upload and import process together take 2min 12 sec. So, its definitly something wrong with my copy of phpmyadmin.

(30 Nov '13, 06:11) Olaf

Did you try importing from the command line?

(30 Nov '13, 07:07) timg ♦♦

Yes, command line works fine.

(30 Nov '13, 09:44) Olaf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×168
×27
×23
×12

question asked: 29 Nov '13, 00:56

question was seen: 5,499 times

last updated: 30 Nov '13, 09:49

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM