How does one connect to webdav?

I ran through all the steps listed in the instructions to create webdav folder, app, and users and all of that goes fine.

But then what's the url that I use to connect? I'd like to do this using the Finder on a mac. (Go > Connect to Server) and mount a share on my desktop so I can store files there.

asked 15 Jan '11, 12:12

ebukva's gravatar image

ebukva
accept rate: 0%

Create a new site to serve the WebDAV app - you'll be able to access it using whatever domain you assign to the site.

link

answered 15 Jan '11, 13:23

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
8.0k1726
accept rate: 39%

Duh... of course!

That worked perfectly. Thanks!

(16 Jan '11, 22:36) ebukva ebukva's gravatar image

BTW, is it possible to change the permissions on a particular folder in WebDav so to create something similar to Mac OS's dropbox? I.e. so that a particular user can put files into a folder, but cannot see other files in that folder?

(16 Jan '11, 23:16) ebukva ebukva's gravatar image

From what I know of our webdav installer and how webdav works you won't be able to change the permissions on a directory without causing it to deny you access. A simple upload form that uploaded to the correct directory on a web site would be quicker and more effective.

(16 Jan '11, 23:31) klynton klynton's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×12

Asked: 15 Jan '11, 12:12

Seen: 1,118 times

Last updated: 16 Jan '11, 23:31

Plans & prices    Sign up    Why WebFaction?    Contact us    Affiliate program    Support    Legal    Jobs    Blog    Control panel login