WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I would like to delete the three variations that were done in error.

asked 13 Dec '13, 01:36

baba
accept rate: 0%

edited 13 Dec '13, 01:37

Hi baba,

I think I was the one who replied to your support ticket an hour or so ago regarding this topic.

You were receiving an access denied error due to the directory permissions, so I had removed them for you.

I encourage you to read this great article on managing permissions: Setting File Permissions

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

permanent link

answered 13 Dec '13, 02:55

NickR ♦♦
accept rate: 19%

I also want to mention the best way to add/manage domains for your account with us is in our Control Panel: http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/domains.html?highlight=domains#adding-a-domain-to-the-control-panel

(13 Dec '13, 02:58) NickR ♦♦

that is the issue I did create those Domains in the CP. And I thought by renaming them after i didn't like the name that there weren't going three wrongs after i finally picked the final name for the domain.

(13 Dec '13, 14:33) baba

The directories in the webapps directory are reserved for applications created in the control panel. To remove you will need to delete the application from the control panel. They cannot be removed via SSH or FTP.

permanent link

answered 13 Dec '13, 15:24

timg ♦♦
1.3k4
accept rate: 30%

That is just it. They DID NOT appear Under the Right Most Column (Apps) in the Control Panel. https://my.webfaction.com/websites

The dirs were ONLY visible when i SSH'd to my account and the directories were listed under /webapps/

This may be a bug in the CP. If you create an app and then change its name both appear. i.e. the original is not deleted ...at least this is what i experienced. thanks - all.

permanent link

answered 13 Dec '13, 16:46

baba
accept rate: 0%

This does sound like a bug/issue with your account and the control panel. If it is still occurring send us a support ticket and we can look into it and resolve the issue.

(13 Dec '13, 17:21) johns

one other issue. i have under Apps htdocs (Static on /) If I wish to change that to a Static App But i cannot keep the same Name i keep getting prompted to add another name. But I don't to do that... i just wish to change the app from htdocs to Static.

soory for all these pesky comments...

(13 Dec '13, 17:29) baba

Since "htdocs" is a static app, I assume you are wanting to change the name of the app from "htdocs" to "Static"? To do that you will need to backup the app data, delete "htdocs" and re-create it with the new name.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with :)

(13 Dec '13, 18:18) NickR ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×24

question asked: 13 Dec '13, 01:36

question was seen: 2,819 times

last updated: 13 Dec '13, 18:18

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM